We’ve come across a new report from Forrester that we can’t recommend highly enough. It’s called “Mobile Measurement Is A Customer Intelligence Imperative” and was released on April 13, 2011.
Along with good analysis and details on how analytics drive mobile website and application maturity there is also an excellent list of practical recommendations.
“Go beyond standard tracking metrics to optimise mobile performance” and do to following:
1. Measure conversions
2. Pay attention to the technical details
3. Take advantage of targeting and segmentation opportunities
4. Leverage the distinctive capabilities of mobile
5. Test everything
To move forward:
1. Start measuring mobile immediately – guide your mobile strategy
2. Pay attention to the technical details – mobile measurement comes with unique challenges
3. Don’t force mobile into paradigms of other channels – very different use case
4. Establish ownership of mobile measurement – avoid divergent and isolated analytics
5. Share mobile insight across the organization – gather support for future initiatives
6. Start planning for the next generation of mobile tactics – mobile will continue its march
Spot on Forrester, worth buying and reading!